two panels shown here are part of a series of nine (each 7 x 8
ft) that we designed and painted for a function suite located
in one of Edinburgh's most historic areas, Leith. The client's
main wish was that the panels reflected the history of the area
and secondly, that they resembled painting on tiles. His inspiration
had come from the fantastic Victorian tiled paintings in the city's
was therefore an integral and important part of this project.
For example, golf was chosen as a subject because we discovered
that the earliest documented golf club, Gentlemen Golfers of Leith,
drew up the first set of rules for the game in 1744. Also shown
here is King George IV landing at Leith in 1822.